One of the most common requests from our readers is that we create a page where all of our review results are displayed simultaneously. The chart on this page will be updated each time we add a new driver review. We’ve done our best to present the information in a simple format for those who just want to take a quick look, while still offering readers seeking more detail the opportunity to dig a bit deeper. The Chart contains 2 tabs, each of which provides the ability to sort and filter the data as you see fit.
Before digging in, we recommend you read the quick overview of each tab in order to fully understand the information contained within.
Iron Scoring Tab
The Scoring tab contains the “out of 100″ scores for each of the categories we score in our reviews. It includes individual scores for Long, Middle, and Short irons, as well as the Total Performance Score. The Scoring view provides an easy to follow, sortable, comparative overview of all of the drivers we've tested under the most recent versions of our review system.
- Long Iron: The performance score for the long irons within the set.
- Middle Iron: The performance score for the middle irons within the set.
- Short Iron: The performance scores for the short irons within the set.
- Perf. Score: The Total Overall performance score for the set.
Looks: Based on the overall appearance of the club. Our testers are asked to consider the look at address, shape and design of the clubhead, as well as graphics, color scheme, and anything else that impacts the aesthetics of the club.
Sound and Feel: How does the club sound? Is it pleasing to the ear, or loud and offensive? How the does the club feel at impact? Is it harsh on mishits, or is it buttery soft? Does it feel too heavy or too light?
Forgiveness: How forgiving is the club on mishits? Does it perform consistently from swing to swing and shot to shot?
Likelihood of Purchase (LOP): How likely are testers are to replace what’s in their bag with the clubs tested. Would they actually consider purchasing these irons.
Overall Subjective: The calculated total Subjective Score based on the average individual category scores.
The combined total of the Performance and Subjective Scores. Performance counts for 90% of the Total Score.
We have added filters that allow you to show only the specified irons, aspecific class of irons, or to sort by one or more individual category scores.
Launch Monitor Averages Tab
The Launch Monitor Averages Tab contains the cumulative averages of data pulled from our launch monitor. Because we haven't always been able to use the same golfer for every iron tested, these numbers should be used for reference only.
As we have on the Total Score tab, we have included sliders that allow you to show only the specified drivers, only adjustable (or non-adjustable) drivers, or to filter by the specified range for a given data point.
He individual headings are:
- Radius Ft.: The average distance to the hole (feet) the ball came to rest for each iron type.
- Left/Right: The average distance from the center of the target line without regard to distance for the iron type.
- Long/Short: The average vertical distance from the hole without regard for left to right dispersion for the iron type.
- Launch Angle:The average vertical launch angle for the iron type.
- Ball Speed:The average ball speed for the iron type.
- Back Spin:The average back spin angle for the iron type.